In what is touted to be the HVACR industry’s first refrigeration manifold (pressure) gauge sets with sight glasses for “Seeing Is Believing” diagnostics in air conditioning, refrigeration, and appliance equipment, Cliplight Mfg, an HVACR tool, leakdetection and refrigeration sealant manufacturer, has introduced Vision and Firefly.
According to the manufacturers, the patent-pending Cliplight Vision makes refrigerant/oil inspection quick and easy with a deep well, see-through sight glass feature that uses ambient light for illumination.
Also patent-pending, FireFly, is claimed to combine a built-in 2x magnifying sight glass with both white or blue LED backlighting to illuminate refrigerant, contaminants and to detect whether or not the system has UV dye. The backlight is operated by an on/off switch that illuminates the sight-glass for more accurate refrigerant system diagnostics. It increases refrigerant visibility by 75% when combined with the magnification feature. Pressing the on/off switch a second time activates the blue light and illuminates any refrigerant UV dye traces. Pressing it a third time returns the module to the off mode.
Dubbing Firefly and Vision the diagnostic tools of the HVAC industry, Cliplight Mfg highlight the other gauge features of the products:
- Conical piston manifold valves that allow even-flow throttle adjustment and minimise refrigerant surges that are common among ordinary piston or valve designs.
- Class-1.6 steel case construction with a bronze tube and brass socket.
- Face dials also designed to display R-410A, R-22, and R-404A refrigerants.
- Ratchet hanger that locks an intended positioning in place.
- Ergonomic heavy duty handles with calibration rings that display valve position.
- Fine throttle control valves for liquid charging of blended refrigerants.
- Can be used with all CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants.
- Compatibility with all standard refrigerant hoses.
- Limited lifetime warranty on manifold bar and valves.